The Service Award was instituted 1989 to recognize meritorious service to the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education by its members.
Nominee and Nominator must be members of CAFCE.
- In the case of CAFCE Committee projects, the committee may grant awards jointly to team members.
No member may nominate himself or herself.
Although the award is available each year, the Nomination and Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold bestowal of the award.
One (1) .pdf electronic document of the completed Service Award Nomination Form (2012/13) (.doc) and supporting materials must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, June 28, 2013. (the 2012/13 nomination form and deadline to be announced).
The CAFCE 2012/13 Awards Presentation will take place during the CAFCE 2013 AGM.
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
The Service Award was instituted in 1989 to recognize meritorious service to the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education by its members.
Jenny Reilly has been the Director of the Engineering Co-operative Education Program at the University of British Columbia since 2000. In addition, she has led the Canada-Japan Co-op Program for the past seven years.
As the past Chair of the Accreditation Council, Jenny has worked tirelessly to streamline and improve the accreditation process for CAFCE members and institutions. During the past year, Jenny has developed a comprehensive power point presentation
to assist applicants’ template which allows applicants to enter their responses into the document following a defined and easy to follow structure. These two tools will vastly improve the experience of applicants and reviewers, and will be valuable, time saving resources for CAFCE members.
Jenny is a strong advocate of Co-operative Education in Canada and serves tirelessly providing advice and mentoring to new and seasoned colleagues as well as serving on several sub-committees with the Accreditation Council including the “emerging trends” subcommittees and the “definition” subcommittee.
For her ongoing efforts and her valuable contribution to CAFCE, we are pleased to present the 2011/12 CAFCE Service Award to Jenny Reilly of the University of British Columbia.
Presented at the CAFCE 2012 Conference, Whistler, BC on Monday, July 30, 2012
Kelly Mahoney, Chair, CAFCE Nominations and Awards Committee (2011/12)
- 2009: Bruce Wilson, University of Guelph
- 2008: Tony Botelho, Simon Fraser University
- 2006: Jeela Jones, University of Ottawa
- 2005: Michelle Benjamin, McMaster University
- 2004: Paul MacDonald, Dalhousie University; Mausi Reinbold, Mount Saint Vincent University
- 2003: Laurie Lahn, Wilfrid Laurier University
- 2002: Sonya Horsburgh, Mount Saint Vincent University; Stefan Kerry, Ryerson University
- 2001 Members received "The Year of Volunteers" certificates in recognition for their volunteerism
- 2000: Michael Blais, McMaster University; Toni Burton, Camosun College; Andrea Giles, University of Victoria; Joanne Thomas, University of Victoria
- 1999: Sonya Horsburgh, Mount Saint Vincent University; Lori Baker-Leigh, Dalhousie University; John MacDonald, Dalhousie University
- 1998: Heidi Janes, College of the North Atlantic; Peter Lapointe, SIAST; Karen McCargar, Wilfrid Laurier University
- 1997: Liz Grigg, Acadia University
- 1996: Richard Pullin, University of Waterloo
- 1995: Dexter MacRae, University of the Fraser Valley
- 1994: Mark Foley, HRDC; Bill Stevenson, Treasury Board, Government Of Canada
- 1993: John Gunn, Doane Raymond Pannell, CA; A. John Joyner, University of Guelph
- 1992: George Clapham, Centennial College; Andrew Crichton, Memorial University; Pamela Racher, Mount Royal College
- 1991: Nancy Chiang, University of Waterloo; John Fiset, Concordia University; Toni Lebold, University of Waterloo; Mac McMartin, University of Waterloo
- 1990: Tyrone Lester, Memorial University